In recent
Seasons it’s been customary for the Show to exceed the time slot given by, at
times, more than half an hour, and nobody could really object to it, including
the channel that handled the overshooting seamlessly by mostly keeping repeat
programmes or just fillers after KBC ends. Season-18, on air since August 10,
has also been no exception. However, as the Devgn-hosted Crime Patrol
Season-2026 was launched on August 31, Monday-Thursday at 10.30 pm with the ads
proclaiming for days that the New Season would start just after the KBC Show,
things started to change quick and fast.
And, on
that momentous evening of Monday, 31st August, I was piqued to no
less extent by the hurry demonstrated by Big B or AB toward the end part of the
KBC episode, so atypical of his calm composure and command. I understood. He
was in a hurry to conclude the episode for the timely start of the launch
episode of Crime Patrol New Season. Yes! The legend did end on time and the
intense host Ajay Devgn came on the TV screen dot on time.
The next
evening, I tuned in to KBC a bit late and missed the beginning when Big B makes
an entry literally running into the arena. However, as the show progressed I
got piqued again! I observed a change of costumes for the host as well as the rollover
contestant minutes into the episode (the attractive new suits of Big B just
cannot be missed and I often wonder how many of them might have been stitched
for him and whatever happened to those singular suits after!). It meant at the
beginning of the episode both of them still wore the dresses of the last
episode and then suddenly the costumes changed. I had an idea why, but waited
for the next day’s episode, that is on Wednesday, 2nd September.
I confirmed
my idea that day: at the beginning the host and the rollover contestant wore
last episode’s costumes and after the first commercial break they appeared in
new ones! Therefore, I concluded, because of the end-n-start hurry some
portions of the KBC episodes could not be completed and were left out as
arrears which got proper attention in the new episodes! Finally, thanks to the
deft handling of the channel, on Thursday, the 3rd of September or last
evening, I became the proud beholder of a slight change of the time slots! The
KBC episode is now to end at 10.40 pm, ten minutes later than previously, and
the Crime Patrol 2026 episode begins at 10.40 pm instead of the 10.30 pm slot.
Nobody would really mind that! All is well!



Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! Welcome! Please comment what you feel! 😊